[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Fri Aug 9 14:27:02 EDT 2013

If you like really old vintage antique motorcycles, to look at, not buy,
check out some of the shows on velocity tv network.  It's channel 205 on
comcast.  I don't know about other providers.  I think one of the shows
is called barn finds.  The other day, they auctioned off a really old,
really ratty, really rusty, un-rideable motorcycle for more than the
cost of my house.  It's an inexpensive house, but, REALLY?  That much
for an un-rideable bike?  I guess some people got the bucks.

Regarding tires, car tire stores now want you to replace tires after 5
years due to the possibility of cracks developing in the rubber.  I
don't know how much of that is legit and how much is scam, but that's
what they say.  I guess it wouldn't pay to buy 60K mile tires if you're
one of the few who only puts 8K miles per year on them.  Car tires have
a date code on them that you can read.  I assume motorcycle tires do too.

Sincerely,

Ron

Ron Frazier
770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.