[ale] fried innards -- final report

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Thu Aug 8 21:54:29 EDT 2013

Yep, they're still working. :)  At this point they're almost a fixture.
  It looks better with the SS20, the two A1000's and the two IPXes
sitting inside.  But I haven't been able to get a network cable out to
the garage and my landlord is moving back so I've got to move again
soon.  Next place I'll bring them back up.  Total power draw is actually
only about 250 watts, 350 if both A1000's are spinning.  My air
conditioner is far more abusive to my power bill than the rack.

I have considered migrating everything to smaller machines but I haven't
gotten around to it (or the financing) yet.