[ale] [OT] Looking for an old beater motorcycle.

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Thu Aug 1 13:01:16 EDT 2013

Yes.  Hate to pile on in a seemingly unproductive way.

To some extent, one has to face the fact that "if it runs downhill" it
will cost XX.  If it runs back uphill, it will cost YY.

And if you had a bike that ran and was safe and was more than 10 years
old, what other reason would there be to sell other than the engine or
transmission is worn out?

On the size standpoint, I used to ride a Yamaha RD-350 and didn't think
it was too wobbly on the freeway.

Here's a modest left turn thought: have you considered a '73 VW Super
Beetle instead?    I mean, especially since it has rained pretty much
every day for the last 4 months.   I'm thinking it might be similar
cost,  more options.     Or an early Datsun pickup truck?

Problem with all of these is $500 is down in the "there must be
something wrong with this or I'd keep it" territory.

On more thought: you said West side of town.   You might visit Georgia
Cycle Depot.   Basically an indoor junkyard for classic English
motorbikes.    Run by a lovely but crazy couple of Brits/Canadians.
Might give you some insight.