[ale] Moving my phone into the 20th Century

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 11:50:42 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> I asked about the sim card. The answer I got was "The card is used to
> identify the phone on the network. Change it if you travel overseas."
>
> That sounds like GSM methodology to me.

It may be... for the 4G LTE part of the phone.  It won't make a
Verizon-only phone usable on a GSM network in Europe.  (Maybe it will
for data only? But not voice, as I understand it.)  There is some
information here (which mentions the Razr)
http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/129744-verizon-lte-devices-are-going-global-bringing-us-carrier-interoperability-with-them.

Apologies if I'm misreading what's being asserted here.