[ale] VPS hosting recommendations?

Chuck Peters cp at axs.org
Sat Apr 13 05:25:33 EDT 2013

I use Prgmr.com.  As it says on their site:  An easy to understand price
schedule: $4/month per account, and $1/month for every 64MiB ram. Please
note; this means all plans come with $4/month worth of support.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for VPS hosting providers that:
> 1.  Support OpenSUSE install images

Not sure about this, you should ask.
http://wiki.prgmr.com/mediawiki/index.php/Chapter_3:_Provisioning_domUs is
dated and OpenSUSE was experimental.  Prgmr has a user mailing list,
someone might have suggestions about OpenSUSE images.

> 2.  Have reasonable prices

Yes, but other places prices are dropping so it doesn't look quite as
attractive now.

> 3.  Do not charge huge fees for data transfer?

They are reasonable.

> I have been using digitalocean.com for a long time.

Can you install base images, I'm sure you can find them...

Chuck