[ale] [OT] (but computer and cryptography related) Bitcoin, Litecoin

Ron Frazier (ALE) atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com
Mon Apr 8 10:18:23 EDT 2013

Hi Michael,

That's an interesting article.  I have noticed a trend of these type of
sites getting attacked.  I guess that whenever you put anything valuable
on a public website, the vipers start attacking it.  There are probably
many motives for attacking these type of sites, anywhere from blackmail
to competition among players to outright stealing.  Bitcoins are
prohibitively expensive to mine at this point so my interest is in
Litecoins.  Many of the same concepts apply.  I think a lot of the
people that are on the service provider side of this are pioneer types,
programmers and engineers that are enthusiastic about just getting
things to work.  They're putting services up there and changing them at
a rapid pace.  But, they not be the best at security.  The industry is
young and many sites are going through some growing pains.  Of course,
if you're being DDOSed by a botnet of 100,000 pc's, that's hard to deal
with in any case.  I'm afraid that some of the sites are going to have
to learn that some of the rules, procedures, and audits that the
traditional financial world has in place are a good thing after all.
I'm trying not to expose any coins I may have on a public website for
any period of time.

Sincerely,

Ron