[ale] Suggested software for Linux host running Windows in a VM

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:18:36 EDT 2013

I used Virtualbox with a Windows 7 VM on an Ubuntu host for about a year,
and the Windows always dragged.  Then I swapped them and the performance
improved greatly. I'm not sure what was happening, but I got the best
performance out of the Windows guest by assigning it only one CPU.
There have been updates to Virtualbox since then, do it may be better now.

...John