[ale] ot help! - warning radical changes to android astro file manager

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Mon Sep 17 13:06:27 EDT 2012

On 09/15/2012 09:19 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Can someone tell me now to sideload one of them or install it from the
> google play application. I've already deinstalled their new version, so
> I guess I don't have a file manager on my tablet now.

Recommendation:  Get Titanium Backup.

Requires root access, but can bail you out of lots of things, such as this.

As for sideloading, either mount your device as a USB mass storage and
copy the APK, then install that from a file manager on the device, or
use the Android development platform tools and use ADB to push, then get
a shell and use the software on the device to install from the command
line (IIRC, that'd be the "pm" command, but it's been a while).

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”