[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW InstallFest THIS Thursday, 9/13 @ 6pm

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Sep 8 16:58:02 EDT 2012

The Atlanta Linux Enthusiast Northwest, ALE-NW, group in Marietta will be
holding a free "Linux Installfest" workshop at SPSU in Marietta, Georgia.

        This event is open to everyone.

Learn more details here: http://tomshiro.org/twiki/view/ALE/AleNwInstallFest2012

When:
  Thursday, September 13, 2012
  6:00pm - 9:30pm

Where:
  Room J-266 (same room as the August meeting)
  Atrium Bldg
  Southern Polytechnic State University
  Marietta, Georgia.

  Maps/directions at: http://tomshiro.org/twiki/view/ALE/AleNwInstallFest2012

More information to follow, however, the three most important things that should
be performed before attending are:

1) Defragment every Windows partition on the hard disk
2) Make a complete backup of any data on the hard disk
3) Ensure at least 11GB of free storage exists for a desktop installation. More
is better, of course.

Each of these items need to be performed prior to the install. Defragmentation
can require many hours, so doing it the night before is highly recommended.
Under MS-Windows7, the disk defrag tool can be easily found by typing "defrag"
into the search box.

We have some volunteers to help with installations, but can always use more.
Please come when you can, but a few minutes before 6p would be nice. Help at any
time is greatly appreciated.  Last year we installed on about 25 systems. This
year we have a larger room and better infrastructure ready thanks to SPSU.