[ale] snarky use of RedHat - heh, heh

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 18:25:13 EDT 2012

for those that have known me for a while, my loathing of all things
Microsoft is legendary. I saw the light of FREEDOM in 1992 and fully
embraced "My True Calling" in 1997. But sometimes people pay me to
kick a windwoes machine around the block.

I finished a set up of RedHat Enterprise Virtualization 3.1 Beta (only
slightly easier than a simultaneous root canal and colonoscopy with no
pain killers.) and they have succeeded in removing the horrid
requirement of needed a WindWoes system to run the RHEV Manager gui.
It's a JBOSS stack and the preferred console interface is spice.

It works quite well. Some bits are "different" but I am loading up a
Win7 as a test OS. If that pile of crap will load, ANYTHING will run!

This should have VMWare quaking in their boots.

Wolf- It finally worked!

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain