[ale] OT help hauppauge usb-live2 video capture

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Sat Oct 27 12:46:00 EDT 2012

On 10/27/2012 09:45 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Has anyone use the Hauppauge usb-live2 video capture device on any OS?
> I cannot get it to install on Windows.  The drivers appear to install OK
> but, when I install the WinTV software they provide, it says the
> following dlls are missing.
>
> ArcMplex.dll
> hcw_mcmpgvout.dll
> hcw_mcmpgaout.dll
>
> Tech support suggested trying it on a different computer, which I
> haven't gotten around to yet.  I haven't tried it on Linux, and am not
> sure how, since the docs and CD are apparently all designed for Windows.

Hauppauge has great driver support on linux.  Most of their hardware is
in mainline, and might only need a firmware file or two.  I found the
firmware I needed for my WinTV-HVR-2250 online.

Plug it in, wait five seconds, and look at the tail of your dmesg.  If
it loads, it should report the device names created.  If not, it should
report the firmware needed, which I would just google, then put it in
/lib/firmware/

HTH,

Phil