[ale] Remote Desktop for Everything?

Elmer Masters elmer at teknoids.net
Wed Oct 24 08:08:41 EDT 2012

First, apologies for the other reply. My fat fingers hit the wrong
key/button while editing the digest.

As for Owncloud, I'm using it in a project for work. It's really a
Dropbox clone, complete with desktop clients, not any sort of cloud
computing solution. That said it is a pretty interesting application,
giving you complete control over your data across multiple machines.
It is under heavy development at the moment and has gotten a lot
better in the past 6 months. If you're looking for an open source
alternative to Dropbox, Owncloud is worth trying out.

Thanks,
Elmer.