[ale] (OT) Video Card

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Tue Oct 23 09:10:45 EDT 2012

On 10/22/2012 07:42 PM, jesse james wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a video card that works well with Openshot for
> less than $50?

I would use an ATI (err, AMD) graphics card.  I have been using one for
the last several years now, mostly because of the huge environmental
shift in driver support.

The in-kernel radeon driver performs very nicely, supports kernel mode
setting and Just Works™.  I haven't tested it with the ATI "high-end"
cards as I don't need googlebytes of video RAM; I just have a 1 GB card
which is "high performance" enough for my needs (running a desktop,
playing video occasionally, and sometimes playing games like Guild
Wars).  But mostly, the graphics card's memory supports driving my huge
displays.

	--- Mike

                                    --- Carveth Read, “Logic”