[ale] a no way out situation

Jim Philips briarpatch.jim at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:47:15 EDT 2012

This got me to a low graphics screen that required an "OK". I couldn't
get to the button using mouse or Tab button. So I had to just shut
down. My original problem is outlined here:

http://www.unixmen.com/ubuntu-12-10-and-amd-catalyst-problem-solved/

The current Catalyst from AMD is not compatible with Xorg 1.13, which
is the default in Ubuntu 12.10.