[ale] Old paperwork on clusters

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 13:53:02 EDT 2012

Hah!

It's amazing to look at how things have changed! The first attempt at
HPC I did was in 1998-1999. If I drop the "H" (and the "P" stands for
"pokey") I was mostly successful :-). OK. so network over 10M hubs is
not high performance fantasy material but I did get some message
passing to happen with perl, nc and custom signals based on time
stamps.

Now, HPC is a big driver in kernel devel.