[ale] Got my 32GB flash drive from Newegg...... overlay help

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 11:42:16 EDT 2012

Ok now that my 32GB flash drive is here I need to get proper guidance for
the USB Live install especially for the overlay.

Let us say I want to install Arch Live USB.

Should I first prepare the iso file on my local Arch box ?  I know there is
a guide for that I can follow.

How do I add say open-jdk and eclipse, ant etc., etc.,  to that ?

How can I say /home/myusr to a diff parition for overlay ?

When I do a sudo halt or sudo reboot, does the data get saved to the
overlay area automatically or I need to customize some scripts ?

Any primer on the overlay stuff is very helpful.

Regards and Thanks for your time.

-Narahari