[ale] (OT) Minnesota bans Coursera: State takes bold stand against free education.

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 08:36:43 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM, Jay Lozier <jslozier at gmail.com> wrote:

>   First is Cousera offering any degrees or continuing education credit;
> certificates of completion do not count even if highly regarded.

This looks to me to be nothing more than a attempt to gain some
registration fees that they do not deserve along with a paranoid delusion
that the state can have some control over course content.

Aside from that, certificates of completion do count for continuing
education credit required for professional registration by most states.

...John