[ale] LSO cookies

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Fri Oct 19 00:46:33 EDT 2012

On 10/18/2012 11:24 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> My question at the ALE meeting tonight was about LSO cookies.
>
> Wikipedia reports LSO stands for Local Shared Object aka flash cookies.
> Every time I close Firefox I am asked if I want to save X number of LSO
> cookies.  My kneejerk reaction is, of course, to say "NO!"  But I am
> curious as to which sites are trying to store this crap on my box.  To
> that end I need to see them, but I can't find them.
>
> Does anyone have a clue where to look?  I've tried the obvious places,
> such as ~/.mozilla and ~/.kde.

Flash LSOs are stored somewhere under ~/.adobe/Flash_Player -- but the
more curious thing is the prompt.

The screenshot would be useful here in order to attempt to see the
styling and where perhaps it has originated.  What sort of plugins do
you have other than Flash?

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”