[ale] Atlantic Nexus contact?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:32:03 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, October 17, 2012, James Sumners wrote:

> But, yeah, I concur that they seem to be on the way out. Which really
> sucks. The only "broadband" I can get is DSL, and I really don't want
> to have to get AT&T.

I just received a call about this statement. I see how it can be, erm,
annoying to AtNex/Net2Atlanta to read it. So I think it only fair to
publicly acknowledge that I have been reassured this is not the case.

However, I stand by my reasoning. I can only go of the information
available to me. I realize AtNex isn't a large corporation like AT&T, which
is one of the reasons I prefer this ISP, but if the support phone lines are
open, someone should answer them. Dropping the user to voicemail, without
even an option to wait on hold, no matter what phone tree option is chosen,
doesn't give me a good impression. If there's an outage that requires
everyone to be away from the phone, or causes the phones to be swamped,
update the voicemail message to say that. In other situations, give the
user the option to wait. 30 seconds of hold music and the "Leave your
message" says to me the lights are on but no one's home.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted."

CH:D 59