[ale] [OT] PayPal

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sat Oct 13 21:36:46 EDT 2012

On 10/13/2012 04:23 PM, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> He wrote in part:
>
>> > Thanks for the email, I will send Your payment as soon as
>> > I receive Your PayPal email id, You will receive a notification
>> > receipt email from PayPal as soon as Am through with the payment.Just
>> > follow the Instructions and procedures on the payment in order to get
>> > the funds credited into Your PayPal account so that you can easily
>> > transfer the money to your bank account or credit card. as soon as the
>> > funds reflect on your PayPal account......
>> >
>> > Do get back to me now with your PayPal email address and full name so
>> > i can proceed with the payment asap.

Me being, well, me, I would have stopped at the poor grammar and left it
at that.  It's not even poor grammar in the "lazy-Internet-user" style,
it's poor grammar in the "stupid bloody spammer" style.

> As a second generation newspaper editor my cynical gene is somewhat over-
> developed and this offer (to me) smells like it was dragged up from the
> bottom of the Chesapeake Bay -- up around Baltimore.
>
> So, how reliable is PayPal, anyway?

I've been using PayPal for years; I have a debit card associated with my
PayPal account and I have it linked with my bank accounts.  My business
takes payments via PayPal and also via something called Stripe for
credit card processing (I like Stripe's means of integration way better
than PayPal's).  But PayPal users can take credit card payments, too
(and even on the cell phone!)

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”