[ale] Sysadmin/DBA/Webmaster needed

Alex Carver agcarver+ale at acarver.net
Wed Oct 10 23:04:15 EDT 2012

Hey everyone,

I got a plea from my former manager at Georgia Tech who is in need of an
admin/DBA/Webmaster in short order.  The current person has put in
notice leaving a hole.

For now it is likely going to be contract work.  The system is one I
used to administer while I was still working there.  However, since I
left it was mangled horribly and now, in the latest mangling, it is
currently using the Django framework.  This system and its needs are too
customized and important to be using a framework (especially a third
party one), it really needs to be low level coded.

Right now they need someone to make sure the system doesn't go down and
then, in the near future, unwind the Django installation and go back to
straight LAMP with no frameworks or content managers or other outside
resources besides LAMP itself (or very very little, jQuery is iffy but
might be acceptable).

If you or anyone you know might be interested let me know and I'll send
along contact info.

-Alex