[ale] Challenge converting ogv video to flv

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:20:37 EDT 2012

On 2012/10/04, at 13:10 , Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> That implies Youtube doesn't screw up video/audio synchronization.
> There's many a video I've seen where the poster complained about
> how Youtube had screwed it up even though it was OK before the
> upload.

Note that there is NOTHING in ANY of the proprietary digital video
formats that provides a SYNC reference of any kind for the audio and
video components.  It's insane, and as a pro in the media industry it
is a huge and constant frustration, but its to be expected when profit
is
the singular motive and pushes quality is a consistent last place
consideration.

Dealing with You Tube, I was having even bigger problems with this
issues than usual and made several attempts at posting videos from
different source formats and such with equally unsatisfactory results.

I finally got reasonable sync in playback when I re-striped my audio
tracks at 44.1khz on the upload video.  Almost all digital video formats
use 16bit / 48khz for audio data, so the fact that You Tube doesn't
handle
that properly is still heinous incompetence, but I don't know who to
report it to (assuming reporting it would do any good).

in peace
aaron