[ale] Challenge converting ogv video to flv

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Oct 4 12:29:12 EDT 2012

I'm having a challenge with converting an ogv format screen capture video
to an avi or (preferably) flv format for posting to an online course. I
can get conversion to happen with either ffmpeg or mencoder (I think I got
that right). Unfortunately, I loose any semblence of synchronization
between the video and the audio portions of the clip with every
incantation I've located from searching the web for either ffmpeg or
mencoder.

Capture is with gtk-recordmydesktop (I think that is right) on an ASUS
laptop running LUBUNTU 12.04, but I'm open to another capture approach.

Thank you for your time