[ale] HTML INCLUDE Feature Stopped Working

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:59:54 EDT 2012

Could I suggest avoiding SSIs? https://bitbucket.org/jsumners/njsbaker

The only real benefit of them is being able to create edit once type
content (e.g. menus, header, footers) without having to resort to
Perl, PHP, Ruby, or something else. So, unless expend a lot of energy
setting up proper caching for them, with an external cache, they
mostly just bog down the HTTP request. Particularly since not even the
client will be (in theory) caching the page[1].

[1] -- http://www-01.ibm.com/software/webservers/httpservers/doc/v1312/misc/FAQ.html#ssi-part-ii