[ale] Linux 3.0.0 USB issues

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Fri Mar 30 12:01:04 EDT 2012

On 03/30/2012 09:10 AM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> I've been running Ubuntu 11.10 for a few weeks and am taking of dropping
> down to 11.04 LTS.  I've been experiencing USB enumeration issues for
> EHCI.  Normally not a problem, but I need my flash drives and disks to
> run at the fastest speed possible.  I've googled this and it seems as if
> this is an issue in 3.0.   As anyone else found a workaround?

Simply upgrade your kernel to 3.1 or 3.2 if you are having issues with 3.0.

Even though you are running a binary distribution, unless you _rely_ on
something in the kernel binary that the distribution provides, you can
easily compile your own vanilla kernel on an Ubuntu system.  I used to
do it all the time, before I started using Gentoo, because of various
deficiencies in the Ubuntu kernel.

Seriously, that's the workaround.

If you need features from their custom kernel, check out their git
source trees, which bring the kernel up-to-date with the Ubuntu set of
patches in their own lands.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”