[ale] Home printer server?

Wed Mar 21 22:05:37 EDT 2012

Scanner is going to be tough. The drivers for most of those aren't
very easy to come by. You had better start with the model numbers of
all your devices and work out from there. Just because it can work _a
scanner_ and _photo printer_ doesn't mean it is going to work yours.
If I had those kind of demands, I'd be looking to make my own out of a
Raspberry Pi.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 7:05 PM, Scott Denlinger
<scott at scottdenlinger.com> wrote:
> My JetDirect EX Plus printer server has outlived its usefulness. Any
> recommendations for a smaller home-type printer server? I probably won't need a
> parallel port anymore, but it ought to have
> plenty of USB ports. At its peak, it should be able to handle a
> printer/copier/fax machine, a photo printer, and a scanner. Open source a plus,
> of course.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott Denlinger

.!# RichardBronosky #!.