[ale] FCoE

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:29:55 EDT 2012

Looking at fiber channel over Ethernet. It's in the kernel but it's a new
technology for me as it requires some $$$$ hardware.

It looks like a good way to glue multiple devices (servers, storage) onto a
single very high-speed connection. I'm looking at dual 10G Ethernet to a
switch that support 10G fiber ports as well. May be getting my paws on a
pair of NexSan satabeast chassis for storage. Thinking of gluing those into
a KVM stack with some 10G for some high speed, high core core count cpu
boxes. (plus some older VMWare ESX boxes on copper 1G Ethernet).

Anyone have any gotchas/tips/ "Jim what the hell are you doing?!" ideas
they want to share?

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/