[ale] Linux shell process

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Mar 16 16:00:34 EDT 2012

Maybe they were looking for some automated MOTD population that you'd see at login?  If they hadn't told you to assume cron I'd think they might want you to create at jobs.

Questions like that aggravate me.  I once had an interview where they asked "What is the one thing that makes RedHat Linux different from all other distros?"   I mentioned it being commercial, it using RedHat customized versions of static upstream package releases and many other things but never did give them the "one thing" they were wanted to hear.   Now with several years more RHEL experience under my belt I can still not think of "one thing" (other than it is released by RedHat of course).   At least when I interview someone and ask a question and can see they're not headed in the right direction I try to prompt with more information.