[ale] Failing GRUB

Cornelis van Dijk cor.angela0 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 13:34:32 EDT 2012

Hello,
I was trying to make a bootable cd for my laptop with GRUB. I get a
persistent "disk read
error 25", whatever I do. The editable Grub does not get me anywhere
either, I end up with the same error every time.

The Grub on the harddrive works flawless.The same Grub with the same
OS (suse 12.1)
on my main PC works flawless, and makes a bootable cd the first time around.

I followed the exact same procedure (from "info grub") for both the PC
and the laptop, why does it fail on the laptop?

Where does Grub get it's information, from the BIOS? or some internal
function? Could stage2_eltorito be flaky?  Most FAQ's and forums on
the net are ancient, closed
or irrelevant.

Any pointers will be appreciated, because I am lost.

Cor