[ale] bonding of the mobile broadband type

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Wed Mar 7 08:12:37 EST 2012

On 03/07/2012 02:57 AM, Brian W. Neu wrote:
> So I have a client that is very unhappy with their T1 and they are
> unable to get cable or any other service in their building.  They have a
> colo server which could act as a front end of some bonded mobile
> broadband modems.  I'm just curious if anyone has ever done it before
> and what your experience was.

Funny, I just asked a similar question on Server Fault the other day and
was greeted with the sole response "you want a jag but want to spend for
only a kia" or something along those lines.

There is nothing technically not-doable about it, but current
infrastructure doesn't really permit it (for IPv4 space anyway).  IPv6
is no problem, you can get tunnels to/from anywhere and bond use
IPSec+bonding to get to the router if you want.  In fact, it is even
easy, if you know the utilities to control the networking stack well.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”