[ale] OT I had to relate this Comcast conversation with y'all

Scott Bragg walkingbear at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:54:37 EDT 2012

I'm an escapee of Comcast. I second what others are saying about the
business class service.  No bandwidth caps, not port blocking, and when you
call the business support line, you get someone with a clue.   I'm down in
Smyrna now, so I'm on Charter.  Same quality of service and really decent
turn-around when there's a problem.

It's a bit more expensive, but definitely worth it.   Oh, static IP's are
available as well.

AS for the business TV, there are two types of packages, one for public
display (ie.. restaurant, bar, waiting room, etc..) and one for 'internal
private viewing' such as in an office,but not accessible to the public.
The second is the type you want to get.  Tell them it's a SOHO setup and
you want to set it up in your office at home.

Scott