[ale] OT: interview. Tie? Jacket?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 08:39:14 EDT 2012

Wear the suit, leave the Jacket off until you get out of the Car to go in
the building,  Once you get in the interview ask "Do you mind if I remove
the Jacket, it is a bit warm".  You want to show them you are willing to go
the extra step beyond just your technical skill set.  When you get up to
leave, put the Jack on and straighten it. When you get back to the car,
throw it in the back seat.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Richard Bronosky <richardbronosky at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I concur. For UPS I'd wear slacks and a tie.
>
> Regarding jeans for an interview: Only wear jeans if you have dark jeans
> with a modern finish. These pale stone/acid washed things that gray beards
> trends to wear don't cut it for an interview. A nice pair of jeans can cost
> significantly more than a pair of khakis and for that reason you can be
> considered well dressed in jeans.
>
> I've never worn jeans to an interview but I have hired people who did.
> On Jun 20, 2012 8:14 AM, <simontek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wear shirt and tie, no jacket. Jacket in this heat would make you sweat,
>> a lot.
>> Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar