[ale] Can't Boot! Need Super Block Wizard

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Jun 13 04:24:03 EDT 2012

On 06/12/2012 08:22 PM, mdkliman at aol.com wrote:
> /dev/hda:  open failed:  No medium found.
That error does not in itself constitute a problem.  It can be tossed by
lvm when if there are no pv's or lv's on /dev/hda.  It's entirely
possible that by simply running fsck on all the existing file systems
manually the problem will either go away or become more obvious.

That's the first thing I'd do.  Either boot a live CD or let it go into
single user mode like it is and run fsck.  If the root FS is intact then
you'll be able to determine the list of partitions/volumes to check from
/etc/fstab.

I've got the time to run up there if you need help.  I'm about an hour away.
Jim.