[ale] unsalted hashes of 6 million linkedin passwords published on the internet

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:57:06 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) <
atllinuxenthinfo at techstarship.com> wrote:

> ** Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at these. I like what I've heard
> about lastpass too. In my case, I'll need a Linux / Windows / Android
> compatible solution.

That is precisely why I use the Keepass suite; Windows, Linux and Android
are all well supported.

I keep my password database on Dropbox so I have that on all my systems
kept in sync also.  Some people are not comfortable with keeping a password
database on a shared/cloud service like Dropbox, so bear that in mind with
your personal risk tolerance.  (For me, the keepass database encryption +
dropbox encryption mitigates some of that, but others may feel differently.)