[ale] Another Mac headache.

Drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Sun Jun 3 15:50:24 EDT 2012

Trying to burn backups onto archival (gold) DVD.
Created expensive coaster with error 43, which essentially means "file not
found."  Notice it doesn't say WHICH godforsaken file.
My first thought is a broken link, but I can't find any links in the
directories being backed up.

Then I thought to check the system log.  Found it in /private, but the
only way I could figure out to read the contents is with VIM.
That's nice, only I don't know VIM or its parent VI, and at my age I have
no desire to learn.  So I held my finger down and let the file scroll to the
end -- from May 6 to June 3 is a lot of lines!

The system logged the failure to burn with error 4294967253, but a google
search turned up nothing remotely useful.

Does anyone have any clue how I might be able to find the offending
file/link/whatever?

Sean