[ale] Outside Request for Linux Help (Samba issue?)

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:18:59 EDT 2012

Michael,

If iptables is running you can, as root, try "service iptables stop" and
see if that helps. However, given that you're on a fairly old version of
Red Hat you might want to upgrade at some point in time.

You could also look at /etc/hosts.deny and see if anything is in that.

I'll have to rack my memory a bit, I'm really not sure iptables was even
on then.

Can you try the connection and it works locally? If not, cut and paste
the last bit of /var/log/messages, that might give us some information.

Thanks!

Leam