[ale] A question for the python gurus

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 1 08:57:12 EDT 2012

This is more of a Python question than a linux question, but I know
there's
some tremendous python knowledge on the list, so feel free to delete or
ignore.

I tried messaging the script's author with no response.

I found a script here[1] I want to use with mutt that will allow me to
send messages to OmniFocus.  I have copied the script to my $PATH, but
when I invoke it (with CTRL-L) in mutt, I get the following errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/mutt-to-omnifocus.py", line 110, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/mutt-to-omnifocus.py", line 101, in main
    send_to_omnifocus(parse_message(raw), quickentry=True)
  File "/usr/local/bin/mutt-to-omnifocus.py", line 58, in
  send_to_omnifocus
    note = "\n".join(["%s: %s" % (k, applescript_escape(v)) for (k, v)
    in params])
  File "/usr/local/bin/mutt-to-omnifocus.py", line 26, in
  applescript_escape
    string = string.replace('\\', '\\\\')
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'
Press any key to continue...

Any idea as to what the issue is?

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/andrewlkho/mutt-to-omnifocus/tree/