[ale] Low voltage work in GA

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Tue Jul 31 15:05:01 EDT 2012

On 07/31/2012 02:33 PM, mike at trausch.us wrote:
> For exterior work you will almost always have to pull a permit and have
> the work inspected by local code enforcement officer(s) before declaring
> the work finished.
I had a friend who had worked in the construction business off and on
for years who built a garage on his property in Coweta County. Seems
that Coweta Co. requires number 12 wire rather than the number 14 that
the NEC specifies.  He/we had to pull all the wire out and replace it
before he could sell the place.  He didn't pull a permit but other than
bringing it up to spec. they didn't give him any trouble.

Jim.