[ale] OT: How many Linux guys are looking for work in ATL?

Robert L. Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:26:22 EDT 2012

One exceptions might be the exclusives.  Sometimes a recruiter will as for
exclusive with a target company.  This just makes sure they get the fee for
placing you and not someone else at that one location.  I've seen
recruiters try to spam my resume everywhere while a legit recruiter submits
me with permission.  The target company, to prevent problems on their end,
will dis-allow both recruiters and you, period.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 13:53 +0000, simontek at gmail.com wrote:
> > I am not currently looking for work. But in the past, I learn not to
> > trust recruiters. Most lie, they submit you, and you never hear back.
> > So I tend to avoid them.
>
> I've run into some good ones and some bad ones but one tried to run me
> by an outfit that was looking for a firewall developer here in town but
> they decided it wasn't a good fit but I might fit with this other little
> outfit that was looking for someone - Internet Security Systems.  I
> don't even remember the name of the little firewall outfit but the rest
> is history.
>
> * You don't have to trust them to take advantage of them.
>
> * Of course they lie.  You assume that and take it into account.
>
> * You don't give them exclusives.
>
> * You require they notify you and get your approval for each client they
> submit you to (avoids extremely embarrassing duplicates from different
> recruiters and the resulting commission food fight).
>
> * You DO have to make sure you know everywhere they say they are
> submitting your name.
>
> * No notice to you and no approval from you - no commission.  Make sure
> they understand that and that you will rat them out if you get hired
> somewhere they didn't tell you about and they try to claim the
> commission.
>

> Regards,
> Mike

:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar