[ale] high performance computing

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Wed Jul 25 16:01:49 EDT 2012

Anybody know of an email list for people to talk about high performance
computing? I need to just get some general understanding of the concepts. It
looks like most HPC machines run linux. My department has $200K to spend and
I'd like to find out what kinds of systems we can get for that kind of
money. The people using the machine have their own specific needs but they
are counting on me to help them out with expandability. So they can tell me
it needs X number os and Y Gb of RAM. But then they're expecting me to tell
them what they can get for that $200K.

processors