[ale] ubuntu 12.04 SLOW!

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Sun Jul 15 14:02:12 EDT 2012

On 07/15/2012 01:59 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> However, I'm in a hurry to get this machine running. I deleted Ubuntu
> 12.04 and went back to 11.04 with Gnome 2 that I know and (usually) love.

It only takes about 30 minutes after adding the PPA to get GNOME 3 on
there and reboot.

I am actually considering moving to Ubuntu on my desktop because the
Gentoo people aren't stabilizing GNOME 3 quickly enough (3.4 is out now,
damnit!) and there is little care in keeping the unstable GNOME 3 tree
updatable even if done daily.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”