[ale] I'd like to be able to run X programs from root

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:32:23 EST 2012

Security has changed at the PAM and selinix layers. In centos6 rot can't
run startx with selinux in targeted mode.
Most config gui are run as non-root and authentication is with a popup
password box. So run the stuff as a normal user and wait for the prompt.
RHEL7 will have selinux for X (partly at least).