[ale] [Kinda OT] The "TalkMaster", Freedom and Free Software

rhia rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Mon Jan 30 19:20:23 EST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 18:47 -0500, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> Boortz does not fit in with any of those others. He is a Libertarian. He's
> pro-choice, pro-gay-rights, and anti-drug-control.
>
> You are ignoring information. There is a word for that.

I've listened enough to Boortz before to say, yes, he does fit into the
list. Over-paid incendiary blowhards, the lot of them and I value my
time and my thought processes more than their partisan agendas.

Also, I much prefer to get information from sources, not pre-digested
opinion pieces. When working on a Gentoo issue, I don't go to a FB
end-user blog, I go to gentoo.org first and then to other reputable
linux sites. The same for news. I go to actual articles, from numerous
various sources from across the spectrum, not the op-eds, and verify by
cross-reading and looking up the sources for the facts or statistics
listed.
But, thank you for assuming that because I refuse to listen to
unreliable and obviously biased sources that I'm ignorant. It helps me
in understanding much more about you.

(Don't worry, list, I'm through with this conversation.)

----
rhia