[ale] [Kinda OT] The "TalkMaster", Freedom and Free Software

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Mon Jan 30 14:21:39 EST 2012

On 01/30/2012 02:17 PM, John Anderson wrote:
> Hmm...
>
> Well who is more likely to pay for advertising? The maker of some cheesy
> windows app or a Libre application with no profit motive?
> You need to take your revenue where you can get it.

The interesting thing is that he says (frequently) that he only endorses
those things that he believes in.  I find it interesting that, this
being the case, that he pushes shackles over freedom.

> You could always try calling yourself and pointing this out.

I suppose I could.  I’m not entirely sure I’d actually make it past
Belinda, though, because (or at least so it seems, anyway) he tends to
only take callers that wish to speak on whatever topic he is speaking on
at the time, and I’ve never actually hard the topic of computer software
arise on the show itself.

Perhaps I could, however, send an email or a (gasp!) written letter.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”