[ale] [OT] Cheap Suits

david w. millians millia at panix.com
Tue Jan 24 10:16:11 EST 2012

On 1/21/2012 7:39 AM, Mike Harrison wrote:
> The clothes need to be in good shape, fit, and you need
> to be wearing them like you are used to wearing them.

There was an epic thread on reddit several months ago about work clothes
that's good to read too. Should google up to the top quickly. The only
thing I would add is that their Brooks Brothers shirt worship is a tad
elitist- the no-iron good quality shirts from Dillards are just as good.
I don't know who makes them for Dillards, but they are fantastic. If
only they made the french cuff versions in pink...

I would also add:
a) Get freshly laundered shirts. Barring that, iron with spray starch
and a damp shirt. You can iron shirts as well as a cleaner can launder,
but it does take practice. Do it even if you have those Dillards shirts.
b) Get your shoes polished, and the sole-edges dressed. Easy to do if
you want to save money, especially with a microfiber cloth. Polish
stains like a mofo though so it's best to do it someplace not near
anything you want safe.
c) Floss.