[ale] wiki choices

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 13:08:24 EST 2012

I'm setting up a wiki for in-house use primarily for technical
documentation. I've used Confluence before and will not be using it for
this. It's a very capable platform but I hate managing the java crap and
this use will require a license fee that will not get budget approval.

So I'm more interested in the Open-Source stuff anyway and budget dictates
a free beer version is required. I'm not a fan of php or mysql but have
worked with both. I've seen some comparisons of wiki tools but I'm more
interested in real world use and not testing articles.

What have you used?
What did you like?
What did you not like?
How did you use it?

I'm currently leaning toward moinmoin and docuwiki.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
*