[ale] [OT] Cheap Suits

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Jan 23 09:44:46 EST 2012

Wow - you sound like Barney on How I Met Your Mother - you're awesome dude!

Just kidding - Seriously though I do believe it important to interview in a suit even when you're going to an environment that is totally business casual (or just plain casual).   As the old saying goes - You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

It has been several years since I've bought (or needed) a suit but I used to buy them at Barry Manufacturing over on Peachtree Industrial near 285.   I'm not sure if they're still around.   They had Big and Tall sizes.

Minor rant:  Why do Big and Tall stores always think you're going to be EITHER big OR tall but not both?

That reminds me of an interview several years ago.   When I walked into the interviewer's office he had an issue containing his mirth.   He apologized and said that when he had asked one of my references what two words described me he had been told "Big boy!"   I'm not sure if that response helped or not - I did get the job.  :-)