[ale] Update On SOPA/PIPA: ALE Should Join the Strike !?

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:15:55 EST 2012

EFF and other concerned organizations are sponsoring
an info web page on the SIPA / PIPA** legislation:
<http://sopacountdown.com/>

Along with that link the groups sent plug-ins and links to a
plug-in for Wordpress that make it very easy to take your
site dark in solidarity with the January 18 (midnight to
midnight EST) protest that is being undertaken by many
prominent internet entities and organizations.

It is my carefully considered opinion that we should join
the protest against these censorship threats and attacks
on our freedom and free speech by having the ALE web
site <http://ale.org> go dark for 24hrs.  For the period of
the strike, the pluggin would route ALE traffic to:
<http://sopastrike.com/strike>

Those in Favor??  (+)

Opposed??      (-)

Decision at midnight.

peace
aaron

**S(p)it On Privacy Act / Pervert IP Act