[ale] OT - Looking like SOPA is dead and burried, but PIPA is still in play...

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:14:05 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:

> On 01/17/2012 04:59 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
>
> Snip>
>
> If nothing else, you are entertaining, Jim.  :)

The funny thing is it's a system that we all just "accept" as being the
only way. I think that's because we, collectively as a nation and possibly
as a species, can't talk about certain things for the purpose of proposing
and then emplementing "a better way".

any system of rules created by people needs to be evaluated for
effectiveness periodically. Step one is to propose ideas and have a (often
rather heated) public discussion.

I don't think the dweebs that get elected under this current mess have any
interested but their own on mind. To bad we can't have decisions made in a
process similar to how many of the tech decisions are made. A committee of
experts hammers out stuff. Sadly, I don't think the experts get much say in
the economic process that isn't over-shouted by the politics.

still waiting for a process to go from where we are now to something closer
to Star Trek. Ideally it would not involve a global war and social meltdown
but that's quite unlikely.

> Jim.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky