[ale] Power Management & /etc/default

Nolan Voight nolan.voight at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:06:25 EST 2012

Okay, this works, but is not elegant.  Came across the xdg-utils while
reading, tried:
xwininfo -int
(to get the Window ID, then)
xdg-screensaver suspend [Window ID]

Made it through a movie without the screen going black. Too specific,
though--close the browser, open it again, different Window ID. Close
programs, walk away, desktop blacks out. Anybody know how to
generalize this? Window Zero doesn't work:
xdg-screensaver suspend 0
xdg-screensaver: Window 0 does not exist

Nor does the wildcard:
xdg-screensaver suspend *
xdg-screensaver: Window acpi-support does not exist